THE CENTER FOR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Learn more about the resources and opportunities offered by the Center for Professional Development (CPD) which help students confidently develop and pursue their career goals.
Presented and Recorded on April 26, 2022
- Monica Wilson, Director, Center for Professional Development
- Eric Eisendrath, Associate Director - Career Development Programs, Center for Professional Development
- Anne Lyford, Associate Director - Employer Relations, Center for Professional Development
- Emily Sun '22, Economics major, French & Psychology minor
- James Socas P’23,’26, Moderator
THE STUDENT WELLNESS CENTER
Learn more about the resources and opportunities offered by the Student Wellness Center which help your student enhance their personal wellbeing, and the wellbeing of the Dartmouth community.
Presented and Recorded on March 8, 2022
- Caitlin Barthelmes, Director, Student Wellness Center
- Todd Gibbs, Assistant Director for Health Improvement
- Armita Mirkarimi '25
- David Leary and Seth Perretta P’23, Moderators
FACULTY RESEARCH SPOTLIGHT AND Q&A: MACHINE LEARNING AND CREATIVITY WITH DAN ROCKMORE
Dan Rockmore, professor of math and computer science, explores the future of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and its influence on human creativity in his "Short Talks on Big Ideas: Machine Learning and Creativity" video, and answers parents’ questions about his fascinating area of research.
Presented and Recorded on December 6, 2021
- Dan Rockmore, Professor of Math and Computer Science
- Eric and Laura Schaeffer P’23, Moderators
Faculty Research Spotlight and Q&A: Climate Change with Meredith Kelly
Meredith Kelly, associate professor of earth sciences, shares an exciting video highlighting her research interests in climate change, and answers parents’ questions about climate change and the overall teacher scholar experience for students at Dartmouth.
Presented and Recorded on May 17, 2021
- Meredith Kelly, Associate Professor of Earth Sciences
- Lucinda Bhavsar P’23,’26, Moderator
MENTAL HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Our panelists share an overview of the services, resources, and community life initiatives supporting the mental health and wellness of Dartmouth students.
Presented and Recorded on May 7, 2021
- Kathryn Lively, Dean of the College, Professor of Sociology
- Mark Reed, Director of the Health Service
- Bryant Ford, Associate Dean for Community Life
- Caroline Kerr ’05, Moderator, Dartmouth College Board of Trustees
MAGNUSON CENTER FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Our panelists share an overview of how the Magnuson Center serves as the entrepreneurial hub for the Dartmouth community in the areas of entrepreneurial thinking, innovation, venture capital, and social enterprise.
Presented and Recorded on February 23, 2021
- Jamie Coughlin, Director of the Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship
- Lidia Schoonenberg '14 TH'15, Program Manager for Startup Support, Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship
- Sarah Hong '21, Magnuson Center Student Leader
Undergraduate Research Opportunities
Our panelists share an overview of how students explore the pathways available to engage in research, and share highlights of these collaborations.
Presented and recorded on December 8, 2020
- Elizabeth Smith, Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Michael Casey, James Wright Professor Music; Professor of Computer Science; and Director of the Graduate Program in Digital Musics
- Armond Dorsey ’20, Music modified with Neuroscience major
Health and Wellness
Our panelists share an overview of common student health and wellness needs, services and resources, and answer many commonly asked questions.
Presented and recorded on February 25, 2020
- Dr. Mark Reed, Director of Health Service
- Dr. Ann Bracken, Director of Clinical Medical Services
- Dr. Bryant Ford, Associate Director, Counseling Center
Center for Social Impact
Learn more about the Center for Social Impact, which prepares students to be transformative leaders for the common good through community-based experiential learning.
Presented and recorded on February 10, 2020
- Tracey Dustin-Eichler, Director of the Center for Social Impact
- Ashley Doolittle, Associate Director of the Center for Social Impact
- Sachin Shiva ‘22
Going Global – Opportunities for off-campus study
Learn more about Dartmouth's many credit-bearing off-campus study opportunities offered by the Frank J. Guarini Institute for International Education.
Presented and recorded on October 29, 2019
- John Tansey, Executive Director of the Frank J. Guarini Institute for International Education
- G. Dino Koff, Director of Financial Aid
- Adam Vandenbussche ‘22
Tuck Business Bridge Program
Learn more about the Tuck Business Bridge Program. The Bridge Program provides undergraduates from liberal arts, science, and engineering backgrounds with a comprehensive business curriculum taught by world-class MBA professors at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth. Coupled with a group capstone project and career development programming, the program prepares wise leaders to become the difference in the world of business and beyond.
Presented and recorded on August 27, 2019
- Willam Martin D'87, Clinical Professor of Business Administration
- Sarah Chapin, Recruiting Manager, Tuck Business Bridge Program
- Steven Adelberg '21